6. After reaching 24 weeks at No. 1 on the Billboard 200, Adele broke Whitney Houston‘s report for longest-running No. 1 album by a feminine solo artist in U.S. historical past (The Bodyguard soundtrack tapped out after 21 weeks). The run on the high made 21 the longest-running No. 1 within the fashionable Nielsen SoundScan period, which started 30 years in the past.
7. 21 was the best-selling album in each the U.S. and Canada in 2011 and 2012, making it the primary album to drag off that exact feat since Michael Jackson‘s Thriller in 1983 and 1984.
8. In December 2011, Billboard named Adele Artist of the Yr, awarded 21 the Billboard 200 Album of the Yr and revealed “Rolling within the Deep” because the Billboard Scorching 100 Track of the Yr, making her the primary lady to ever high all three classes without delay. Due to the enduring gross sales of the album, she was awarded Artist of the Yr and Album of the Yr in 2012 as properly, making her the primary artist to ever win each back-to-back.
9. On the 2012 Grammys, she received all six classes she was nominated in, together with Album of the Yr, File of the Yr and Track of the Yr, making her solely the second feminine artist in historical past (behind Beyoncé) to win that many awards in a single evening. Coupled along with her earlier win for Finest New Artist, she turned the primary feminine and second artist ever to win all 4 common area awards all through her profession, following Christopher Cross, who received them suddenly in 1980. (Billie Eilish would, in fact, turn out to be the primary lady to sweep all four at once in 2020.)
10. When the Recording Trade Affiliation of America awarded 21 with Diamond certification for greater than 10 million copies offered in November 2012, Adele turned the one artist or band in a decade to earn it with only a single-disc album in that wanting time. She would, in fact, go on to interrupt her personal report when 25, launched in 2015, did it in lower than a yr.